- Dug a 3 foot deep pit
- Ordered a 60 pound pig
- Picked up a pile of almond wood
- Bought 4 burlap sacks (to wrap the pig in, we're using this blog as a guide)
- Acquired corrugated metal (to cover the pit)
- Washed and stained the backyard furniture
- Installed sun-sails over the picnic table
- Finished the chicken run gate (so the chickens don't get out and poop all over the place)
- Ordered a Tardis cardboard cut-out and tiki torches
We still need to build a couple pinatas; I'm thinking a cyberman head and a dalek.
That Dalek Pinata is available on Etsy for $50, but it think with some card-stock, paper mache, tape, paint and ping pong bolls, I'll be able to make something just as good and cheaper. As for the cyberman, round is a great shape for pinatas because you can use a balloon as the main structure.
I also need to decide what I'm going to wear. I was pleased to find Hot Topic has BlackMilk knock-off leggings for a fraction of the price (and they're buy one get one for $10 right now). They also have this cute little Dalek dress for a $26.50. I'll probably go with the tights and a tunic-style top.
I'd also love to learn how to do my nails in this amazing galaxy pattern. I'm pretty terrible at doing my nails... so we'll see how this works.